Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Am I?

Since this is my first post to my new blog allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Marian, and I am the sole proprietor of Malcolm Mousekowitz. To share a little bit about me, my previous business life  included:
  • twenty years with Neiman Marcus where I began as a secretary in Dallas, Texas and was promoted eleven times ending as Vice President-General Manager of Neiman Marcus in San Diego, California.
  • three years as Owner and Innkeeper of The Dock Street Inn in the historic district of Wilmington, North Carolina after refurbishing a 132-year old house and converting it to a bed & breakfast inn.
  • ten years as Executive Director of vocational colleges in Southern California
  • four years as Parish Administrator for an Anglican Church in San Diego
I retired six years ago and relocated to the California desert in Cathedral City.  I did volunteer work for Project Linus knitting and crocheting blankets and assisting the Area Coordinator with computer work.  I love children,knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing and embroidery.  I decided to combine all of those passions to produce handmade clothing and accessories for infants and toddlers.  I persuaded one of my oldest and dearest friends Marie who lives in Texas to join me in this venture.  She is an amazing seamstress, and we have been close friends for over 40 years having met when I worked for her husband in my first position at Neiman Marcus.  The miles between us have not been an obstacle thanks to all of the marvelous technology we have available to us, and we are proud of our first collections which you can see at
http://www.malcolmfortots.com/ and http://www.malcolmfortots.etsy.com/

Personally, I have a secret dream for this business, but at age 71 I hope the business will grow quickly in order to achieve that dream.  In later posts I will let you in on what that secret dream is.

No comments:

Post a Comment