- the insanity in today's world,
- the senseless crimes,
- the red flags that are ignored which could prevent tragedies,
- the rage and anger exhibited by many people,
- the killing and wounding of innocent people,
- the bickering, dishonesty, and lack of action of our elected representatives,
- the insane greed and lust for power, money, and 15 minutes of fame,
- the overwhelming national debt,
- the millions of people looking for jobs,
- the loss of moral compasses by many people,
- the ever-increasing numbers of homeless people and addicts of every kind,
- the looting and stealing of other people's property by thugs,
- the destruction of property over stupid things like a sporting event won or lost,
- the great lack of respect for authority, anything or anyone,
- the huge number of single mothers and abdication of responsibility by fathers,
- the boys who think that they are tough because they belong to gangs and are no strangers to drive-by shootings and other criminal acts,
- the ridiculous mismanagement of funds in cities, towns, and states causing the loss of needed protection provided by police, fire fighters, and our military.
- and so many, many more issues that taint life in the world today.
We believe the thing that could start to make things better is LOVE. All children and adults need love, compassion and kindness, and when they don't get it anger, rage, and bad behavior are the results. There have always been evil people and evil acts, and there are people who have been loved but still choose to go down a wrong path in life. Many people want to fight, quarrel, kill, threaten, attack, and generally behave like jerks. Love, kindness and compassion can help many of them and, over time, prevent the numbers from increasing.
Such a simple answer but a true answer. Will we all ask ourselves what do we do that we need to stop doing, and what do we not do that we need to start doing? Will we begin in our own homes, on our own streets, in our own cities and towns? Bad people and bad deeds make the daily news, but there are still millions of good people in this world who are never mentioned................there are enough good people so that we could turn the world around if we join forces and decide to do it.
"What the world needs now is love, sweet love......................" How about it? Are you in?