Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy 2013

Now that the Christmas decorations have been packed away for another year and my house returned to some semblance of normalcy, I want to take time to wish all of you a very happy, healthy and blessed New Year.

I could not resist making a few resolutions (like many people I make resolutions but break them within days ............a very unattractive quality I think).

  • The usual one topping my list is there again..........losing weight by getting more exercise and eating healthier food.  I am pleased to report that at least the number of pounds I need to lose is less than this time last year (when I had my lung surgery I lost 15 pounds, but I do not recommend that as a way to do it).  
  • The next one always on my list is to get control of spending and saving (perhaps our government will ultimately provide some ideas if ever they are able to cut spending to match their revenues...........a novel concept).  
  • My third and last resolution is to spend more time working on my Internet business selling handmade clothing and accessories for babies and toddlers.  Life-threatening health problems the past three years pulled my attention away from my business, but if I am healthy in 2013 (God willing) then I plan to focus more time and attention on my website www.malcolmfortots.com and my ETSY shop www.malcolmfortots.etsy.com  

I have no idea if you made resolutions or what your resolutions are, but I do know they are usually easier to make than to keep.  That being said, I wish you much success in keeping yours.   Perhaps by including mine in this blog post it will hold me more accountable than in previous years.

As the world seems to be embroiled in turmoil, anger, financial ruin, tragedies, divisiveness, etc. my primary resolution should be that I will do my part to contribute to Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men.  Mahatma Gandhi said something to the effect that we should be the change we want to see in the world.  Therefore, I hope I can be more patient, more tolerant, more helpful, and more positive.  Like the song says,
"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."

Happy New Year, everyone!  May there be peace, happiness and good health in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment