Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DO YOU TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED? CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAY 44

Many people have grown up being very blessed in terms of how they live, what they have, and having a support system.  Too often those blessings are taken for granted rather than being appreciated.  As we mature we realize that at least 2/3 of the world's population if not more are much less fortunate.  It is when we become cognizant of the needs of others like clean drinking water, food to feed their children, medicine to take when they are sick, and proper shelter that we begin to be grateful for what we have and have been given.  It is true that there are some young children who are already grateful and doing amazing things to raise money to help those in need, but sadly we live in an era when many seem to be more concerned with themselves than with anyone else.

I remember someone once describing their children as "take me, buy me, give me, get me" kids.  It seems as if perhaps too many have grown up to be the "take me, buy me, give me, get me" adults.  If you take things for granted and are more interested in what your next purchase will be or the next gift you will receive, it is time to reflect on all that you already have and give thanks to the provider.

Today's message is:

GIVE THANKS










No comments:

Post a Comment