Friday, August 16, 2013

HOW FAST ARE YOU TRYING TO GO? CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAY 79

Are you an impatient type?  When you were a child were you always anxiously awaiting the first day of school, the first day of summer vacation, your birthday, Halloween, Hanukkah, or Christmas?  I was like that when I was growing up and even after I had children of my own.  Then something happened in my life which caused me to be so anxious about what might happen in the future that I found I was making myself physically sick with anxiety.

Friends and even my family doctor gave me all sorts of advice and helpful quotes trying to lessen my anxiety about the future.  The two which I found most helpful were:

Don't worry about the morrow as today has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34


Life is going to come only one day at a time so learn to take it that way; remember that much if not most of what you worry about will never happen.

Today's message is:

DAY BY DAY


No comments:

Post a Comment