Friday, April 1, 2011

Have You Ever Seen The Old Movie Titled Network?

This week I have become overwhelmingly sick and tired of what is happening to the world in which I grew up and the one into which I brought my children. My disgust has been building for some time,and this week I reached my saturation point. I am furious that we have been so apathetic and so weak that we have allowed the loss of our moral compass! We have lowered our standards for everything: behavior, living, education, health care, taxpaid government leaders on every level, our reputation in the world, entertainment, and last but not least for how we treat our fellow human beings. I am sick to death of all of it, and I know I am not alone. The old movie Network had a character who stuck his head out a window and yelled, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!". He encouraged his audience to do the same, and soon people were doing just that. Well, I think it is time that all across America people throw open their windows and yell. There are SO many problems that need resolution, and we seem to have put people in office who do not want to do their jobs, who do not tell us the truth, and who are unable or unwilling to resolve the problems that make life miserable for so many Americans and ruin the future for your children and mine. Instead we are being led by a cadre of buffoons, egoists, self-absorbed gluttons who are more concerned for their own power trips, their self-appointed perks, and their re-elections to the jobs they have done so poorly. They continue to show total disdain and disregard for the will of the American people, the messages we have given them, and they are ignoring as well the judicial decisions handed down as if they are superior to the Supreme Court! Meanwhile, millions of Americans are suffering in ways that should NEVER happen in what used to be a glorious country. I believe that your babies and children of all ages are the hope of the future, but what chance are they going to have to be healthy, happy, productive, educated, employed adults if we do not band together and resolve the multitude of problems we face daily in this country and throughout the world. I am not saying that I have answers for all the problems. I am saying that it is imperative that collectively we decide that solutions are the number one priority for the citizens of the USA. Solutions are more important than on-going partisanship arguments and power grabs, graft, corruption, self-serving politicians, and all the non-stop baloney we are fed on a daily basis by politicians and the biased media talking heads who think we are more interested in what they think than in giving us "just the facts" so that we can form our own opinions and conclusions. We don't even know these media folks or most politicians so why should we allow them to tell us what is and is not in our best interest? Do we not know? Are we just mushrooms to be kept in the dark and fed a steady diet of manure? I for one am ready to throw open my windows and yell, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Do you want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment