Thursday, January 19, 2012

St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee

Today I received a solicitation from St. Jude's which was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas (father of Marlo Thomas). For many years I have been able to be a modest financial supporter of this marvelous institution and the wonderful care they provide to children. I especially laud them for providing care for children whether or not the parents are able to pay for such care. If ever I win the lottery (Reminder to self: Buy a ticket) I would be thrilled to make a huge contribution to St. Jude's. I must confess, however, that I can barely bring myself to watch their infomercials on television because seeing children suffering from terminal illness just breaks my heart. I am a devout coward when it comes to witnessing tragedies befalling children (and their parents), but I want to support organizations that can and do address, treat, cure, assist, and/or prevent any such tragedies. Some of you may be unfamiliar with what St. Jude's does, the criteria for being a patient receiving care, the warning signs of childhood cancer, and/or the amazing results they have achieved since opening their doors in 1962. If so, I encourage you to visit their website http://www.stjude.org. Also, if you want some delicious recipes visit www.stjude.org/gameday as today's solicitation included a recipe for Yum Yum Brownie Muffins which I am going to try this week. There are many worthwhile charities that help children, and certainly St. Jude's is one of the best as evidenced by their results.

No comments:

Post a Comment