Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Children's Books May Become e-Books

Today I read an interesting article that Random House may offer certain children's books as e-books. I'll give you a hint......Elmo may be in one of them. I think it is a marvelous idea to make books available to children everywhere. Think of all of the possibilities to introduce children to new books, classic books, how-to books, etc. I am not sure I would have loved ebooks when I was a child and must admit I would be hard-pressed even now to give up my "real" books for ebooks. The dust jackets, the illustrations, the feel of quality paper, and the spines lined up on bookshelves are all things I would miss. I suppose it is a good thing I am not a child any longer because today's children will find e-books exciting and normal for the era of their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment