Monday, April 16, 2012

........But I Want A Video Camera

My camera is a very basic model because I have been afraid to invest in something with more bells and whistles since photography has never been something at which I am even adequate. My father bought me my first camera when I was 8 years old. It was a little Brownie Hawkeye, and I snapped pictures of all kinds of things. In those days film processing was not something my allowance would cover so I had to be frugal in purchasing film and persuading my parents to pay for the developing of the pictures. When my own children were small I received a Polaroid Camera which developed the pictures quickly.......alas, my skills were not improved. In my family I was always the last person asked to take pictures because experience taught everyone that I would cut off the heads of the subjects, take a picture of my own fingers in front of the lens, or that my hands would shake producing blurry results. I see so many wonderful pictures in ETSY shops, on websites, and in blogs and Pinterest. I watch wonderful video clips on U-Tube or in blog posts. I have an idea for a project which would require a video camera. I think perhaps with a tripod I might be able to stabilize the camera and have acceptable results. I would have to learn how to edit the videos. I have been watching Heartmade Blog's Mayi Carles Vlogging 101 videos which are most helpful. April of Blacksburg Belle and Mayi Carles have advised me about the types of video cameras they use so now I have a place to begin shopping. Annemarie of Brunch At Saks also answered my inquiry about the equipment she uses to take photos for her lovely blog so I now know more than I previously did (at least about equipment......as for improving my skills....not so much). Wish me luck, and if you have any suggestions or opinions about digital cameras or video cameras please share them with me. I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment