Friday, April 6, 2012

Life Is What Happens While We Are Making Other Plans

The title of today's post is a saying I have often heard, but I have no idea who first coined the phrase. It really is true though, and today I am feeling it! With an old friend visiting from Chicago, gorgeous weather here in the desert and lots of plans with other friends during her ten-day visit you would think everything would be great........right? Wrong! For about the 6th time in the past 12 years I am having an attack of Vertigo. With the room spinning anytime I move my head it is like being on a never-ending amusement park ride. The spinning makes me nauseous so it is like having motion sickness only I am not going anywhere. I am missing all the fun and feeling a bit cranky about it. Then I remind myself that this too shall pass. There are so many people all over the world who have much bigger, more serious problems than my Vertigo so I need to get over myself and just wait it out. Whether you enjoy Passover or Easter or neither this weekend I send you good wishes and a reminder that we should always count our blessings. I will be the first to take my own advice because I have much for which to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment