Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Salmon Fishing in Yemen

Today I went to the movies with a friend who is vacationing here. She wanted to see Salmon Fishing In Yemen a film about which I had no knowledge. Actually it turned out to be quite interesting, a little slow in some places, but overall it was enjoyable. Ewan McGregor and Emily Blount are quite good in their roles. The scenery was both beautiful and at times depressing. They filmed in England, Scotland and Morocco. While I am not sure exactly what I should have taken away from the movie, I came away thinking that people from different backgrounds and cultures came together to undertake a massive project and executed it together very successfully. Then I thought what a pity it is that in real life we cannot do more "working together" instead of worrying about terrorists, nuclear weapons, and wars. Food for thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment