Monday, May 14, 2012

Hope Is A 4-Letter Word

Are you filled with hope?  Have you ever been filled with hope? Do you really know what it feels like to be truly hopeful for your life, your future, and your children?  I realized recently that because of all of the negative news emanating daily from every type of media organization we are losing hope by leaps and bounds.  Think about the negativity with which most media coverage suffocates us.  I am encouraged because during the weekend I made a list of people who are eliminating some negativity and replacing it with hope for all who literally or figuratively meet them.  As I navigate the Internet and Social Media I have become an ardent fan of a number of young people who are bright, creative, enthusiastic, positive and generous in what they share while trying to build their own businesses.  Through their blogs, videos, products, courses, advice, life experiences, interviews, warmth and humor they serve to remind us that all is not lost ..........youth is not wasted on the young....................there is much to be proud of and great success to be achieved if we open our minds, our eyes and our hearts in everyday life.  There are so many young people whom I have not yet encountered, but I am going to keep my eyes and ears open so as not to miss them when perchance they cross my real or virtual paths.  Shortly I am going to listen to an audio program on line as a group of these terrific young people gather to talk about their businesses and share ideas to help other entrepreneurs.  Small businesses have been the cornerstone of our country since the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker were in every small town and city that sprang up as settlers moved across America.   Look everywhere for the goodness in people and especially in young people who truly are our best hope for the future.

P.S.  I am going to share the names on the list I made............watch for the next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment