Friday, February 1, 2013

Are You A Positive Thinker?

During the course of my life I have tried to be a positive thinker and an optimistic person in general.  My children continue to refer to me as "Polly" as in Pollyanna, but I am not oblivious to the negative things that happen in my life or around me.  I just choose to think that my glass is half-full rather than half-empty.

Because these times in which we are living are so troubled, I was pleased to find a way to use a list of positive thoughts, actions, and feelings for two Christmas gifts. The list originated with a man Leo Quinn who has various Internet enterprises and on whose mailing list I am.  I printed out the list for myself.  Then as the holidays came closer for my daughter and my cousin I photocopied the list and cut each word out.  Having at least 365 strips of paper I put each set in an opaque plastic bowl with a red cover (not very elegant but I needed something large enough to hold all the slips of paper).  I told both recipients that I hoped each morning during 2013 they would draw out one piece of paper and focus on that word throughout the day.  Whether they actually will follow through or not I don't know, but I believe if they do that they will benefit from focusing on the positive.  I also gave them other gifts.

Are you a positive or negative individual?  If you are positive, please leave your comments as to how you maintain your positive attitude?  If you are a negative person, what would it take to change your attitude from pessimistic to optimistic?  Share your comments, please.  You never know when what you write will help a person on the other side of your town or on the other side of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment