Wednesday, November 6, 2013

HOW MUCH CAN YOU REALLY DO? CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAY 161

Are you a good planner?  Are you good at time management?  If you are getting older are you still able to do all that you used to do?  Have you had an illness or injury that prevents you from doing everything you want to do?  Is there something you want to do but for which you do not have the needed skill set?

Planning and time management are not just for the young or those in the work force.  We still need to plan how to use our time and accomplish our tasks and goals.  Now that I am getting older I do not have the physical strength or stamina that I had ten years ago.  Yet I still plan my days as if I can still do everything as quickly as I used to and as if I can still do as many things in a day as I used to do.

Yesterday I read something that made sense.  It said if the same things keep appearing on your to-do list but never getting checked off, then admit you either do not want to do them or are not going to do them and remove them from the list.  That is good advice because when I do not accomplish all the things on my daily lists I become annoyed with myself.  Truth is I now need to pay someone else to do certain things or prevail upon my children to do them for me when they visit.  For example, anything that involves climbing on a ladder is now beyond my stability and coordination.

Think about it.  Is there anything in your life for which you need to tell yourself:

ACCEPT MY LIMITS


No comments:

Post a Comment