Friday, September 27, 2013

THREE IN ONE - CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAYS 119, 120 AND 121

As you can see by the title, today I am going to catch up as I have missed posting for a couple of days. Usually when I skip something it is because I either forgot, I was sick, or I had too many medical appointments in one week.  While I did have 6 appointments last week they are not the cause of my falling behind in blogging.  Actually this week I have been preoccupied due to the death of an old friend and colleague.  Martin  lost his long, painful, valiant battle with lung cancer.  He and I were diagnosed with lung cancer about the same time, and I was so fortunate that my surgery was successful and due to early detection I did not have to have chemotherapy or radiation.  Martin was not so fortunate as by the time his cancer was discovered it had already spread.

He was younger than I, married to a wife he adored, and a wonderful father to three beautiful daughters and grandfather to an adorable little girl.  He had more faith, hope, and courage than I have ever seen, and he touched many, many lives in his lifetime.  He was a dear friend to all of us who knew him and he will be sorely missed.

The three messages I am tardy in writing are ironically so appropriate for the way Martin faced his illness, and he was an inspiration to all who knew him.


I AM BLESSED!

HEART WIDE OPEN




NO WHINING


No comments:

Post a Comment