Saturday, May 14, 2011

Don't You Just Love Weekends?

Today is Saturday. The sun is shining, and it is a gorgeous day here in the desert. While working what seems like forever in stressful careers and being available 24/7 for them, I used to treasure Sunday afternoons. Church in the morning, leisurely lunch at home afterward, and then the entire afternoon ahead to read the paper, take a nap, catch up with family and friends, or check off some things from the never-ending to-do lists. Now I relish both Saturdays and Sundays. The phones do not ring as much, the doorbells either, and the house is peaceful and serene. Sometimes I add music or TV news to the days, but mostly I just like the absolute quiet. It helps to renew my spirit, re-energize my body, and refresh my mind. I hope you too have that time each week just for you. When you have babies, toddlers, or children of all ages, me-time can be difficult to arrange, but I encourage you to put some on your daily planner pages. Ultimately, you will do a service for your spouse, your children, and yourself because when you feel renewed, re-energized, and refreshed you are able to be your best self for you and the people who love you. Take it from me, it can make all the difference in the world in your personal health and in your relationships. I find it also helps me visualize new ideas and designs for the clothing and accessories we sell on our website www.malcolmfortots.com and our ETSY shop www.malcolmfortots.etsy.com so I hope you will stop by and see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment