Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Am

Last Saturday afternoon I decided to go to a theater to watch the documentary "I Am" after hearing about it on Oprah (my daughter taped the show and mailed me the tape). It was interesting to say the least, but there were only eleven of us in the movie theater. Not sure if that is a sign of the economy, the hour of the day, or lack of interest in the film. The film asks the questions, "What is wrong with the world?" and "What Can We Do About It?" It is indeed thought provoking, and there are many things that can become subjects of long discussions. I am especially contemplating the idea of "taking only what you need" and how to apply that to my own life. I am also intrigued by the scientific studies being done about the human heart and the connectivity we share with all things. Absolutely fascinating! I actually wish this film could be shown to every school child every year because I don't think we can start teaching children too early the concepts of love, cooperation, minimalism, and others that this film brings to the screen. If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so because it just might be life-changing. There is no Utopia, but life could certainly be a whole lot better for many on the planet if more of us would incorporate some of these ideas in our everyday lives. I'm going to give it a try. Let me know what you think if you see the film. I am very interested in your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment