Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

After an almost two-month absence from writing blog posts..............I am back.  Ill health has been annoying me for quite some time, but I am determined to be well again and to pursue the plans I had before becoming ill.  Today being such a special day, I decided to make this my return date.

Today is Mother's Day, and as I reflect on what it means to me to be a mother I am also remembering my own mother and being thankful for her life.  My mom passed away at age 90 in l999.  She was a remarkable person who had incredible stamina for hard work.  She had an amazing vocabulary and loved working New York Times crossword puzzles in ink.  She baked the most delicious cookies you ever tasted, was hardly ever sick in her life, sacrificed a lot to give to others, and she loved her children, grandchildren and only great grandchild who was 3 1/2 when she left us.

I am mother of a son and a daughter and grandmother of a 17 year-old boy.  They are the joys of my life, and being a mother and grandmother means the world to me.  I have been blessed beyond measure and am so proud of my family.

I hope all of you have had a lovely Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment