Monday, October 14, 2013

ARE YOU FREE? CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAY 138

In my life there have been times when I have felt trapped by people, by situations, and by my own unwillingness to do what it took to free myself.  I loved my mother, but she had a way of ensuring I knew when she was displeased about anything. Standing up to her as a child was unacceptable, and then as an adult I did not want to hurt her so I just let everything go by me.  I was in a very unhappy marriage, and I filed for divorce three times before I could make myself go through with it.  It was the best thing I ever did for all of us, but it took me too many years to do it.  Although I was very fond of almost every boss I had in a long working career, there was one I really disliked.  I had invested so much time and energy in my work but I was really unhappy.  When I finally admitted that to myself I was able to resign and to resist his requests to think it over, take a leave of absence and rest, or let him try to change things to my liking.  I left and it was a good decision as I went on to another position which I thoroughly enjoyed.

In every situation it was my own unwillingness to take the necessary action to free myself that kept me feeling trapped.  In almost any situation we hold the keys to extricating ourselves from whatever is making us feel trapped.  I hope you will be braver than I was and take action sooner than later.  I am not saying that you should not give your actions a lot of thought to be sure it is what you want to do, but once you know what to do just go ahead and do it.  I finally did what it took to

FREE MYSELF!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment