Monday, October 7, 2013

DO YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE? CHANGING YOUR LIFE WITH WORDS - DAY 131

When we are young we take our lives for granted, and we think we will live forever. If we are unfortunate and lose a parent, sibling or good friend we start to think more about the value of life.  We hear tragic news daily about young gang members being killed in drive-by shootings or another person who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time being killed.  Yesterday a 17-year old high school football player died of a stroke, and the number of people losing their lives due to hit-and-run car accidents is unbelievable.

Why am I starting the week off on a somewhat "down" subject?  I suppose for two reasons.  The first is that last week I lost a very dear, old friend to cancer.  He loved his life, his family, and he fought valiantly to keep living.  The second reason is this morning I had an early-morning appointment at the hospital lab to have some blood work done.  As I looked around at all the people waiting for various tests it was evident that many of them are very ill.  I was reminded to be thankful for not only my life but the lives of the people I love.  I am a cancer survivor, and I am very thankful for every single day I have.

I hope you will make the most of each day and never waste one because

LIFE IS PRECIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment